Friday, July 1, 2011

OverWorld Transformations VI

Greetings programs! My birthday and exams are done, I'm now a black stripe and I found my old TRON 2.0 game . Unfortunately I'm also coming down with something. But hey it's not the black plague and it's outmatched by the good things in life...right now :p. Anyway enough talking let's go.



C: 50 > 45
P: 20 < 30
W: 45 < 85
S: 35 < 85
E: 30 < 40
MC: 3 > 2
ET: 0 < 1

Now the old Mommark was a decent healer that could survive a canon of causulty and could give you a 30 damage heal. All and all a good card until Karraba from SS replaced him. . His ability is unique and interesting but slightly hard to activate I don't think you can get more then one use out of him because every time you lose he loses all of his MCs. The problem is if you don't win your first match you lose three MCs a heavy cost for defeat. Your proboly not going to agree with me bt the fact you can mabye use him once (or twice somehow) counters the ability to restore one creature. All in all I'd rather use an Ulmars Projector As a note Mommark obviously has not read this


C: 60 - 60 - 30 - 60
P: 30 - 30 - 35 - 30
W: 90 - 90 - 70 -100
S: 30 - 35 - 45 - 30
E: 25 - 30 - 25 -35
MC: 2 - 2 - 3 - 2
ET: 0 - 0 - 0 - 1

The one I've been dreading! The one I know I will screw up on! The one I've had nightmares about...okay not that last one. For the record I had no clue where to put Najarin Younger (chronological or set order) but i just went with chronological because I think that's how they wanted it to be viewed. Okay first a simple card look over.

Najarin Y: I like his ability because it's kinda like bypassing the rule of two and being able to play four canon of casualties instead of two (anyone who's watched this blog for a while has seen my rather dismal attempt to maximise this) it's a nice trade off ability that I like better then Najarin DOPs. I rank him 2nd best.

Najarin DOP: I don't like him. his cost is the same as a mugic reprise (granted rare is easier to get then ultra) and it wastes a creature. He can be used well but I think he's the worst of the lot.

Najarin FF: Unless your fighting M'arrillians i doubt you'll use either of his activated abilities, however his triggered ability is what makes him useful. We all know the "sac M balladeers flute gee two MCs" trick of course with the ability to get 5 MCs at or near the start of the game he is definitely a useful Muge (even if he does not have the "Muge" type. I tie him for 2nd.

Najarin HMOTL: Very very cool ability. Decreasing two cost mugic to one (or three cost to two) is a powerful ability that can be used on various useful overworld mugic that is sometimes annoying to have to pay for ("hint"refrain of denial"hint"). Also he has water for some reason. This is the best of the lot
(It's done i can sleep now)

C: 40 < 65
P: 65 > 50
W: 70 > 40
S: 30 < 35
E: 50 < 55
MC: 0 < 1
ET: 1 = 1

Olkiex must have banged his head while he was on the demolition field to have got that -30 to wisdom. On the other hand that ability is really really sweet with a levitar (when you attack you heal/gain 5 energy when s/he attacks they lose 5 energy). The addition of a Mugic counter is nice but unfortunally the fire renders him less helpful to his fellow OverWorlders. Old Olkiex has a sweet ability though and don't forget to use him as well even though I'm giving the upgrade status to Olkiex for both his cooler ability and mugic counter.

Join me again in part VII where we in vestigate the transformations of Rellim, Tangath Toborn and Tarterek.

5 comments:

  1. Alright here it comes... Ready?
    Mommark - I don't think you stated evolution or devloution for Mommark or Najarin but... interestingly even after Forged Unity - The Mommark with 30 base energy was used by the top ten players. You may say that Karraba has made this card pointless but it isn't as true as you think. Although Karraba could heal more, Mommark can be used very effectively in Strike of the Meek decks. If you haven't heard of it, look at Kha'rall Husk Armor, Melody of the Meek and Strike of the Meek. Those three cards should give you an idea. So... Mommark hasn't been rendered useless. Now Clonemaster isn't released yet but can be an extremely interesting card to think about. Overworld are infamous for healing and wouldn't make it easy for them to take down a creature when they don't want a creature to get coded. Put a Mipedian Bal. Flute with him to get 4 counters in the first turn, win the next battle and you're all set with 5 Counters. See, isn't so bad huh?

    Najarin - You're worst nightmare. As there are 4 remakes, it really boils down to which deck you made. Najarin DoP isn't pointless in my opinion. He can used in some pretty nasty combos. I can get 6 Counters on Najarin DoP and cause some insane Canon Casualties come back over and over and over (Strain of Infecetion - Mixed Deck), Najarin FF is overall more used and to me more useful than High Muge as... first you know the Mipedian Bal. Flute combo, then there's Inner Flood making your opponent move a counter which adds a counter to FF as a creature gained a counter. And all these locations giving mugic counters.
    For High Muge - you said he has water for some reason. That reason is to play Fluid Fugue and I think it's for free or 1 () he can play it for. As I remember making a deck on it. So... yea that's pretty much it.

    Olkiex - I personally didn't like Driver Extrodinnaire. But your points are valid. Najarin Fluidmorpher's Foe with Olkiex creates some crazy battlegear flipping, Kha'rall Shards for example or even Mugician's Lyre. Yes, good old DoP gear which doesn't give counter to your opponents. Driver Extrodinaire = Apprentice. Olkiex = Masters

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I said "replaced by" not "made pointless by". Yes the M balladeers flute was the first thing that came to mind when i saw him (I love that gear does it show?), but if you lose with 4 MCs that's 4 MCs down the drain. And your right i didn't rate him. I think there was a reason for that but i'm not sure.

    2) My worst nightmares actually involves waking up and discovering I have to live my life all over again with no changes (or waking up in the McGee version of wonderland). I knew there was a good reason for the water element but I could not remember the mugics name. Also i didn't do upgrade or downgrade I just ranked them in their analyses.

    3) Good points. No arguments.

    The problem with doing these articles is that there aren't that many cards which I can say suck in every way shape or form. Most have some use (even if a can't see it at the time). Then again that's why this game rocked right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man You finally completed the najarin transformation. Good Job!(and honistly it wasn't that long:)) From :Dethdude327

    ReplyDelete
  4. For you it was not that long...I edited it trust me. I'm in Vancouver and using my dads laptop so i can't post part VII untill i get back. See ya then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your in Vancouver, cool I might see you! From: Dethdude327

    ReplyDelete